Because losing in the market is a real risk. The InvestorSure CD 529 college savings option offers the upside of the S&P 500 without risking principal. Should the value of the S&P 500 decline over the investment period, the InvestorSure CD returns full principal at maturity. Investments held to maturity will also receive at least 70 percent of the average increase in the S&P 500 (based on a formula1).
Benefits of InvestorSure CDs:
- Issued exclusively by College Savings Bank, a Division of NexBank.
- FDIC-insured to at least $250,000 for amounts held in the same right and capacity.
- NO FEES.
- Offered in our FDIC-insured 529 offerings.
- Offered directly to all U.S. residents.
- State tax-deductible for residents of Montana and Arizona through our 529 Plans as well as residents of Maine, Kansas, Pennsylvania and Missouri.
- Affordable with multiple deposit options.
- InvestorSure CDs will pay, based on a formula, between 70 and 100% of the increase in the S&P 500 at maturity; featuring a calculated average of 20 quarterly measurement points throughout the term of the CD. The averaging further protects your investment from wide swings in the S&P 500 as your investment approaches maturity. The current participation rate is 70%.
InvestorSure CDs are offered with a 5-year maturity. At maturity, you can use the funds to pay for qualified higher education expenses, re-invest in another InvestorSure CD, or move the funds to a CollegeSure CD or fixed rate CD until your child is ready to pay for school.
For more information, view the InvestorSure CD Terms and Conditions.